Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Trials and Testimony

Sent June 9th, 2015


Rakkaat ystävät,

This week we've had a lot of things fall through and a lot of things not go as expected. BUT there was a lot of good stuff that happened this week too, even if we really had to dig to find it haha.

A couple highlights include, but are not limited to:

We spent 24 hours on exchanges in Kuopio between Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and that was a lot of fun. Sisar Johnston always says that when you go on splits as the Sister Training Leader that all your fear goes away, and that's why the STLs always seems so fearless. Boy was she right! On Wednesday evening, Sisar Andersson and I walked up and down the same strip of sidewalk and within an hour had stopped and taught about 10 people, gave out two copies of the Book of Mormon, and got a couple phone numbers. I've never had that kind of success before, nor have I stopped nearly so may people. It was incredible.

Being with Sisar Lafferty was funny because, obviously, after 4 months together we had patterns, and honestly, I had to fight back the same fear that I always seemed to have when we were serving together. But despite that, we still did some great street contacting, and then spent an hour trying to find somewhere to go to the bathroom. Haha, I told you there were patterns. It was a great exchange day, and I hope those wonderful Sisaret learned as much as I did. 

Back with my former companion, Sisar Lafferty.

Sisar Andersson - she is so Finnish it hurts ( in a good way)
On Friday, despite Sisar Johnston begin sick, we got to out to one appointment in the evening with a wonderful recent convert in the ward. She is awesome and has such a strong testimony. We actually spent most of the appointment helping her fix some problems with her e+mail account. I was so proud that I am still decently proficient in the technology department, and that I figured it out in Finnish. It still blows me away that I can understand this foreign gibberish. 

We had an excellent Stake Conference, broadcast to all of northern Europe from Scotland. If the Scottish accents weren't enough to make the whole meeting perfect, Elder Holland was presiding. It was an incredible meeting. One man, a stake president I think, spoke about how we are all on the Lord's rescue team and referenced the Miracle of the Little Ships from the shores of Dunkirk during WWII. He spoke of how we are all like those little ships - no matter how small or poorly-equipped we may seem, we are all invaluable parts of the Lord's rescue efforts against the powers of the adversary. Even if we rescue only one or two souls, we've made a huge contribution and our joy may be great. It completely blew me away. 

Then Elder Holland spoke for about 45 minutes and pretty much just bore down in testimony of the Book of Mormon for the whole time. It was amazing. They don't call him the bulldog of the Church for nothing. He spoke of the authenticity of the Book, the power of God that went into its writing and translating, and the truthfulness of its contents. Most importantly, he testified as a special witness that the Book of Mormon truly is the word of God and that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. There is no doubt in my mind that Elder Holland is an actual called and ordained apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

I know for myself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. This, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is the true and complete church of God on the earth today. Joseph Smith was a prophet. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet now. Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savior, and I love Him.

Keep calm, press on, and stay shiny!

Rakkaudella,


Sisar Hillebrant


On exchanges in Kuopio

A drunk man gave us flowers and Sisar  Johnston photo bombed.

No comments:

Post a Comment