Thursday, June 4, 2015

Sickness and the Spirit

                                                                                                                                                                  Sent Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015:

Rakkaat ystävät,

It's been one of those weeks where our investigators can't meet with us or we can't get a hold of them, and both of us have been sick. We've also been back in the contacting boat and we've been talking with a lot of people and inviting them to learn or take a Book of Mormon or in some other way come unto Christ. The only trick is agency, and if I didn't know it was an essential part of God's plan, I would really want to take it away right now haha. 

This is what tracting looks like.
Despite all the illness and investigators not loving us, a lot of good and fun things have also happened.  

One particular contact to make mention of was a man studying to be a Lutheran pappi, and his wife. Man, it was a great conversation. They both had all sorts of great questions, and we just testified over and over about how they really can know truth for themselves through the Book of Mormon, and more importantly through prayer. I truly felt the Spirit guiding me through the conversation - there is no way I could have come up with answers to some of the questions they asked, let alone answers that really satisfied/confounded them. In the end, though, they said no to the Book of Mormon, and we parted ways. Too bad - how cool would it have been to teach and baptize a Lutheran priest? Afterward we were so energized. That was laying down the law and preaching the gospel! 

On Thursday we were in Mission Leadership Conference at the mission home, which basically consisted of all the STLs, Zone Leaders, Assistants, and President sitting around a long table discussing policies and doctrine and administration, and it was super fun. Can I just say that I love the Watsons? They are wonderful people, so down to earth, super funny, and I love being around and talking with them. Plus Sisar Watson is a wicked good cook. 

Doctrinal discussion at the mission home.
During MLC, we also had the chance to attend the temple to do an endowment session, and I had the chance to receive the endowment for Jeanette Elizabeth Bently, who is my mom's grandmother on her dad's side. It was a great temple session and I came out refreshed and edified and ready to tackle anything.  

Helsinki Temple

Sisaret Owen, Rochett, Hillebrant and Johnston
Sisar and President Watson.

Because I've been sick, I asked the Elders for a priesthood blessing and I'm so glad I did. I have no doubt it's part of the reason I'm faring so well now. I really appreciate how willing the Elders always are to serve us, and the blessing was a sweet reminder of how much the Lord loves me and is aware of me.

The Lord is aware of you and loves you! You can always feel His love if you turn to Him.

Have a great week and stay shiny!

Rakkuadella,


Sisar Hillebrant


Believe it or not, but I took this in the middle of the city.

What we see when we wait for the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment