Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy General Conference Week!

Rakkaat ystävät!

I hope you all had a chance to enjoy General Conference! If you didn't, you can watch it, listen to it, and download it here.

Here's a brief rundown of how the week went:

Wednesday was Sisar Ross's birthday! She has hit the grand age of 21! We celebrated with brownies, an ice cream cake at District Meeting (courtesy of Elder Golling), and dinner with the Huhtala family, where they also provided cake. So perhaps it was not the healthiest day of my mission, but you've gotta do what you gotta do. We also celebrated by finding a new investigator, which is the first new investigator we've had in weeks. He is another foreign man, which seems to be our forte at the moment, but right now we're working with what we've got and what we've been given, and working our way up from there. 

We got another new investigator on Thursday (yet again a foreign man), when he offered us homemade bread that he had made for us because we'd been kind to him at the bus stop when we met. After like half an hour of texting and calling back and forth and struggling through a bit of a language barrier, we were finally able to meet up with him the center where he gave us the bread.  We taught a brief lesson and set up an appointment with him for the next week. It was a very interesting experience, but the bread tasted good and he became an investigator, so we're not complaining. 

The weekend was wonderful, as you can imagine, with General Conference! There is such a wonderful buzz in the air on General Conference weekend; it's almost tangible. You can feel the combined excitement of millions of Latter-Day Saints around the globe joining their spirits and their prayers to hear the words of the Lord delivered through His servants, the modern-day prophets. When I was a kid, I never thought I would love General Conference. Oh how the times have changed. I really enjoyed all the sessions we were able to attend, and I learned so much. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my study journal, so I will compile a list of highlights over the week and share with you next week some of the things that struck me. But I love Conference so much, and I know that Heavenly Father has called a living prophet on the earth today, and that he truly speak to us the words of the Lord. I know it with all my heart and soul, because the Lord has answered my prayers. If you don't know for yourself yet, find out! Ask Heavenly Father and study the words of the prophets and come to know for yourselves.  

As you ponder the things you learned this weekend, try picking out one or two things that you can implement this week. Heavenly Father speaks to us all through the Holy Spirit, and He will prompt you to know the things you can work on that will bless you life in ways you can't even imagine yet. He loves you so much!

I hope you all have a wonderful week filled with lots of little tender mercies!

Stay shiny!

Rakkaudella,

Sisar Hillebrant


Getting ready for priesthood session. (Just kidding!)


Fall colors seen from our window. 









No comments:

Post a Comment