Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Final Stretch

Rakkaat ystävät, 


Naturally, I've been thinking a lot about what has happened over the course of my mission, and it amazes me how much can happen in a year and a half.  It's funny, I never really imagined my mission ending. When you're in the middle of it all, the thought of ever not being in Finland just doesn't feel real. I still haven't quite grasped the fact that in less that 72 hours I will no longer be wearing a tag or a skirt (every day, that is) or the call of a full-time missionary.  

There are really no words that could do justice to what I have experienced. No carefully crafted sentence could explain the way I feel. All I know to say is that I have been changed. I feel like a better person. I want things now that I didn't want before. I've become a stronger and more dedicated disciple of Jesus Christ. 

The Prophet Joseph Smith spoke of the glorious news of the gospel, and then offered these words that sum it all up perfectly: 


"Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy... 


"Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory!" 


I testify for the last time as an emissary of Jesus Christ that this is His true church, the only true Church that has ever been on the earth. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself leads His Church through men that we sustain as prophets, seers, and revelators - the same organization of leadership that the Savior established anciently. This is the Kingdom of God on the earth. I know that it is through the Priesthood authority of God and through the ordinances made possible by this sacred authority that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. He loves us. He sent His Only Begotten Son to save us. Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and he is yours. He is my friend, and I know that whenever I call on Him, be it in hardship or happiness, He will run to me. He will weep with me and He will rejoice with me, and He will always, always love me. This is our message to the world - that Jesus is the Christ, and we are called to serve Him at all times and in all things and in all places. Shall we not go on in so great a cause? 

Stay shiny, and I'll see you on the other side.  


Rakkaudella, 


Sisar Hillebrant 
We're both leaving Tampere!!  I'm going home and Sisar Johnston is opening a new STL area.  This is us gathering up wardrobe items to donate to charity.
Enjoying a pynikki munkit in Helsinki
The burgers we made to celebrate July 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment