Thursday, March 19, 2015

Out of Quarantine

Rakkaat ystävät,

What a week.  Sisar Lafferty caught some kind of bad cold earlier in the week, and we spent much of the weekend indoors so she could sleep and get better. Suffice it to say that we watched a lot of church DVDs. So I got a taste of what normal life is like again. I don't like it haha. She is feeling better now that she's over the hump, but hopefully P-day doesn't completely wipe her out.

Before she got sick, our week was pretty much normal. We did a lot of contacting and found a lot of cool people with potential. One of particular notice is a young woman named T, probably about 16, with strong faith (I know there was a T a while back, but you can just assume that if I talk about T from this point on, I mean this one). We were really led by the Spirit to find her. The Sisters talked to a member of her family a while back, and Sisar Lafferty found the name in the Area Book and felt really strongly about it. When we talked to her at the door, and she said she was pretty religious (while her family is not), I asked her if she would like to know how she could have and even stronger relationship with God. I cringed when I said it because I was afraid of sounding presumptuous, and I wouldn't usually have said anything like that, but it just sort of came out before I had a chance to think about it too much. Well, it must have been the Spirit, because she answered something like, "Well, sure! Why not?" We met with her again yesterday and gave her a Book of Mormon. she is very interested and wants to come to church on Sunday.

E is still doing well. Plugging along slowly, but surely. We're trying to get to the pure doctrinal basis with him, because he's not going to be satisfied with straight answers to his questions if he doesn't first understand the Restoration. But how to get him past the little details to the big picture? Time will tell.

I gave my first talk in Finnish in church on Sunday. I bore my testimony in both Truku and Kuopio when I came, but I have never given a full length talk. When Sisar Lafferty gave her talk a few weeks back, she was pretty ticked (in a joking way) that she had to give one so early and I'd never given one.  So, she told a member of the branch presidency that I've never spoken, and lo and behold I got a call a few days later asking for me to speak in Sacrament meeting. I knew it was going to happen someday. I wasn't really nervous at all, but it took a while to translate it to Finnish (it's a good thing Sisar Lafferty got sick, or else I wouldn't have finished in time!). It went pretty well, and I at least am pleased.

Hope all is well in the real world. If you ever feel down or in need of any kind of help, remember that Christ is the physician, and he will heal us of all our infirmities (Alma 7:11-13). Love life and stay shiny!

Rakkaudella,

Sisar Hillebrant
Sisar Lafferty trying to get well again. 


What to do when your companion is sick? Study, study, study, draw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment