Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Short emails are the best emails

Yet another small email, my friends. This week has been as uneventful as the last, if that's even possible. Nothing but class and devotionals and more class and scripture study and class and language. Two of my "investigators" have committed to baptism, so now we're just making sure they have solid testimonies. My language is progressing slowly but surely. The grammar mostly makes sense, but I've come to realize that my vocabulary is pretty much limited to talking about the Preach My Gospel lessons. At least I know what to work on. BUT I did memorize Joseph Smith's account of the first vision yesterday, so that's something. Plus, I learned like 15 new words from it, so that's something else. Sisar Owen, Feil Nover, and I are preparing a musical number and we want to audition to perform in a devotional next week.

I had a short mental breakdown yesterday when I realized that in 3 weeks I will be in Finland!! I feel so unprepared, but just prepared enough at the same time. Is that a thing? I feel like I lack language ability, but I am excited to just immerse myself all the way and learn first-hand and meet the people. And, I know that if I try my hardest the Lord makes up what I can't do, and that's a comfort.

Anyway, that's about it. Our district was asked to host again today, so that's another P-day where we had to get up before 6 to go to the temple, but it's OK
because we get to serve! That's what a mission is all about. I hope you are all doing well. May the Lord bless you and help you to see His hand in your life, because it's there! Be grateful for the little blessings, and you will constantly find more things to be grateful for. Have a wonderful week!

Rakaudella,

Sisar Hillebrant

We study so hard that our vision gets blurry.
Some of what we are learning. 
Visual aid to help us learn word suffixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment