Thursday, December 12, 2013

So here we are.

Well, rather, here you are. If you're reading this, it means I'll be gone soon. Isn't this what people do? Keep mission blogs?

I got my call back in August to the Finland Helsinki mission, Finnish speaking. For any of you who don't know how this works, here's how it'll play out. Next Wednesday at the crack of dawn, I'll be in the air on my way to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, which will be my home for the next nine weeks. At the MTC, I'll learn the material I will be teaching, as well as the crazy tough Finnish language (I'll be in the MTC seven weeks longer than missionaries serving in their native language - that's how hard it is to learn). In late February, I'll fly out to Finland, most likely at some ridiculously early hour, and I will preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Finland for the next sixteen months.

So that's the skinny. This is where I will be documenting my adventures and crazy shenanigans. And also a lot of really cool spiritual stuff.

So. Sit back, relax and enjoy. Because I'm not finished yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment